Nobody sheds a tear when the body of Scott Stevenson, a local troublemaker, is found with an ivory tusk driven through his torso.
After DCI Alex Warren and his team are given the task of tracking down the killer, they investigate the numerous people Stevenson has harmed and stumble upon a web of crimes motivated by sex and greed. As the body count rises, they struggle to close the case before more lives are lost.
First book in the Scottish crime series by Zach Abrams, Made A Killing is a fast-moving, gripping tartan noir mystery set in the tough, crime-ridden streets of Glasgow.
What readers are saying about Made A Killing:
– Tight cast of interesting characters
– Mr. Abrams does a great job of bringing the gritty streets of Glasgow to life
– I found it so hard to stop reading that I missed my regular Tuesday TV show
– This book is an intriguing escape. It was dark but not too dark. As a reader I enjoyed every twist and turn.. The setting is made authentic not only by the author’s Glasgow upbringing but his ability to visualize the grey, gloomy Scottish November that is a perfect setting for this whodunit
– The characters were great. The reason for the murder was believable. I can see it happening in real life
| || |