In the year 2020, the coronavirus (COVID-19) hit the entire world. The global pandemic brought things to a standstill. Countries underwent lockdown, and fear crippled many for an anticipated second wave and the hope for vaccines. In this time of uncertainty, where everything seems to be going contrary, and wickedness abounding on the earth, praise is that which can provoke the hand of God. Most of the things happening in the world today are prophecies that must be fulfilled as this age ends. Our attitude should be one of praise and thanksgiving, knowing that God is in control and his hand is at work to fulfill all his purposes concerning the earth. All the promises of God find complete fulfillment in Jesus Christ.
This is volume 1 of 365 days devotional journal of praise, thanksgiving, and assurance of the promises of God, for 90 days. Each day comes with a distinct verse on praise; easy to commit to memory and hidden in some are God’s promises. The scripture references are from the New King James Version (NKJV), unless otherwise stated. It is presented in such a way that everyone, from the least to the greatest can benefit. Each day also comes with a keyword Hebrew study from the passage, as we look through Genesis to part of the Psalms in Volume 1. Each page is organized into 6 sections:
1. Date: Which comes with the month & day (e.g., January 1), Week (from 1 to 13), and Day (from 1 to 90). This captures what disparate groups might prefer to go with and serves as a reminder to the reader the week or day of the entire year.
2. Scripture: The verse(s) for the day is shared here with the days’ keyword in bold letter.
3. Today’s Keyword: We look into the keyword; its Hebrew (for an old testament scripture) according to Strong’s concordance.
4. Prayer & Confession: This is the column to pray through the passage and make some declarations.
5. Food for Thought: Some thoughts on the passage are shared; something to think about throughout the day; questions and exercises to do.
6. Bible Reading Plan: An optional plan to read through the bible in a year. This book adopts the historical plan (i.e., reading the books as they were historically written, according to their estimated writing date). You can do so by reading or listening. Determine to become a student of the word.
Blessed is he who reads and those who hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written in it; for the time is near… Revelation 1:3
As we walk with God, we have to be guided by the truths of His word. God bless you as you make time to study daily and nourish your soul with His word.
Let everything that has breath praise the Lord. Praise the Lord!… Psalms 150:6.